The Dubai Road and Transport Authority (RTA) has implemented a new parking management system across Dubai Internet City, Dubai Media City and Dubai Knowledge Village. The new system is a part of a long-term solution to the ever-increasing amount of traffic and demand for parking in these business parks. It is being implemented in phases and as of 13th April 2013; the current parking arrangement includes reserved parking, and on & off-street metered parking.
The next phase of implementation (i.e. basement parking) will be effective from July 2013.
WHAT PARKING IS MY BUSINESS ELIGIBILE FOR?
- All business partners in TECOM buildings are eligible for parking cards/ permit dependent on the amount of floor space they have leased. These cards are interchangeable within the business and are not issued to an individual.
- Business partners in buildings that are not owned by TECOM may already have a parking arrangement with their building owner. We advise businesses to check with their respective building owner. If they do not have guaranteed parking available to them, paid metered parking is available in the business parks.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR OBTAINING A PARKING CARD?
To ascertain what parking spaces your business is eligible for, you must contact us at 04-3911111 or email
- If you are eligible for a parking card, you should complete an application form and send it to
. The application form should be signed and stamped by your business’ authorized manager in charge.
- A notification via email will be sent to you once your request is approved to collect the NOC from the parking counter at TECOM’s Government Services Office in Dubai Knowledge Village Block 8. Please note that a processing fee of AED 100 should be paid at the counter to receive the NOC (this can be made by cash, card or cheque).
- Once you receive your NOC, you can visit either of the following location to pay and collect your parking cards:
- RTA Office on Sheikh Zayed Road (Al Manara Branch): You can pay the parking fees (cash, cheque, or card) and collect your parking cards immediately.
- TECOM’s Government Services Office, Dubai Knowledge Village Block 8: You can pay the parking fees (cheque addressed to Roads & Transport Authority) between 9:00 to 13:00 hours and cards will be issued after 4 working days.
HOW MUCH DO THE PARKING CARDS COST?
- 3 months at AED 700
- 6 months at AED 1,300
- 1 year at AED 2,500
*Please note that there is an AED 100 processing fee for the issuance of each card.
The RTA has designated areas for On street (Parking near the main street) and off-street (areas not right by the roadside) metered parking and they will be managing them. These areas are clearly highlighted by signage and available for those who have not been able to obtain a parking permit.
The paid metered parking costs are (no maximum stay):
1 Hour = AED 2
2 Hours = AED 5
3 Hours = AED 8
4 Hours = AED 11
For convenience, you will be able to top up your parking meter and extend your parking time by SMS.
The last phase; the basement parking will be implemented by July, 2013. However, Business Partners can temporarily access and park at the basement using their existing parking card. The parking cards should be properly placed on the dashboard with the logo facing outwards. Failing to do so will result in a fine by Dubai Road and Transport Authority (RTA).
Business Partners will need to apply for new permits/ cards when the new parking management system is implemented by RTA. For further information, please contact us on 04-391 1111 or email
All parking fines which apply in Dubai parking zones and are mentioned in the Dubai Parking Laws will also be applicable in TECOM areas, as per the following:
- Category One: Not paying the parking fee (AED 150)
- Category Two: Overstaying expired time on ticket (AED 100)
- Category Three: Illegal parking (AED 200)
- Category Four: Using disabled parking without permission (AED 500)
- Category Five: Displaying "vehicle for sale" in banned areas (AED 500)
For those businesses that were not able to secure enough cards for all their employees or visitors, the RTA has introduced metered parking. We would also like to highlight a number of other ways to commute into the area, including:
- Dubai Metro: the business parks are a short walk from the Metro and it is accessible by feeder buses.
- Buses: Numbers 08, 83, 84, 85, 88, X28, F31 regularly service the district.
- Taxis: There are a large number of taxis that frequent these areas. Alternatively, a taxi can be booked by calling 04 208 0808.
- Sharekni: Carpooling is one of the best ways to commute, especially for people or students travelling to the same place. The RTA has previously announced the legality of carpooling in Dubai and encourages others to carpool through the Sharekni system. Please visit: www.sharekni.ae.
If you have any questions or queries please contact:
- RTA at 800-9090
- TECOM at 04 3911111
PARKING METRES - NEW COINS
All RTA parking metres in Dubai have been updated to accept the new one dirham coin issued in 2012 and the new 50 fils coin issued in 2013. If there are any issues of parking metres not accepting coins, please contact the RTA call centre immediately on 8009090.
Free parking is available after 18:00 hours during the working week and on weekends.
For further information, view the FAQ here
For parking options available around your building, view the map here.